Module 1 is all about introducing you to the concepts of human-computer interaction, interface design, and some general best practices.
Module 1 has the following goals and objectives:
- Explain the difference between good and poor interaction design.
- Explain what is good and bad about an interactive product in terms of the goals and core principles of interaction design.
- Explain what is meant by problem space.
- Describe what a conceptual model is and how to begin to formulate one.
- Outline the core interaction types for informing the development of a conceptual model.
- Create a conceptual model for a product and justify your choices.
- Explain what cognition is and why it is important for interaction design.
- Explain what mental models are.
- Practice generating and eliciting mental models from others.
- Identify and explain implicit and explicit security policies in systems.
- Analyze the role of social engineering and its continued use as a primary attack vector.
- Discuss and describe the role of and best practices in authentication passwords.