Coffee and Creativity, Mundanity and Moderation - The New Professor, Episode 8
In episode 8 of The New Professor, Ryan sips coffee and looks at what caffeine, alcohol, and noise do to creativity and efficiency.
Some of the things mentioned in this episode include:
- Music: Podington Bear - Colocate from the Uplifting album
- New Yorker - How Caffeine Can Cramp Creativity
- The World's Most Popular Drug
- A Myth About Alcohol, Drugs, and Creativity
- Caffeine's effect on the brain's adenosine receptors visualized for the first time
- Just the Taste of Alcohol Triggers Dopamine Release
- Dopamine and the Creative Mind: Individual Differences in Creativity are Predicted by Interactions Between Dopamine Genes DAT and COMT
- Is Noise Always Bad? Exploring the Effects of Ambient Noise on Creative Cognition
- Hipstersound ambient noise generator
- Intensity and the Decibel Scale and Noise Level Chart
Thanks for listening!